Facebook is the most popular USA based for-profit corporation and also the online social media providing the high quality social networking services based in the Menlo Park, California. Today, everyone has a facebook account in order to easily and quickly contact their friends all over the world and share their messages, photos, videos, website links or anything as they want. Initially, this facebook website was launched on 4th February, 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg who is the founder of this social media.
Within a short period of time, it has become the widely used social media website by millions of online users around the world. Now days, each and every internet user has at least one or two facebook accounts on this network and use it on the regular basis. He has not only done it alone but he joined with some of the Harvard College students who are Andrew McCollum, Eduardo Saverin, Chris Hughes and Dustin Moskovitz.
Starting stage of Facebook website:
Once the developers have launched this facebook website over the internet, there were quick and well responses from all the parts of the world. But they had some limitations in the membership of this website to the Harvard College students. However, later they developed it to the users of the higher education institutions especially in the Boston area, Stanford University and also Ivy League schools. At the starting time, this website is not for the usage of all the internet users but Facebook Inc gradually added additional support for the students from the different other universities and ultimately to the high school students also.
From the year 2006, any person who has crossed at least 13 years old has been allowed to register your details to open a facebook account although there are some variations available in the minimum age requirement according to the applicable local social media laws. Although this is a gorwing demographic many apps such as Nude Teens have sprung to capture a lot of users. Facebook has tried ot implement new features to bring more teen users in. Facebook website is now used by any person from anywhere of the world and in any age group. There are no limitations in opening a facebook account whether you are a student, teacher, employee, business person, doctor, researcher, IT professional, scientist, accountant, house wife, or anything.
Registering your details with facebook:
The people who are all very much interested in using the facebook network can make use of it on any range of desktop computers, laptops, smart phones, or tablets over the internet.
- First of all, you should need to open an official facebook.com website and go to the registration or sign up page.
- In the registration page, you have to give first name, last name, age, school & college attended, current employment and all other given details in the text box and creates an account.
- After the registration process, you can also add your additional interests and other details as your preferences.
Adding friends and other options in facebook:
- Now, you have a facebook account or profile on this network and you are now allowed to add some other facebook users as your friends by sending friend request to him or her.
- At the same time, you can also accept any other’s friend request to become a friend of her or him.
- Everyone is using this facebook website in order to post the status updates, exchanging the messages, share digital photos or videos or links, using the different software applications or apps, and also receiving the notifications while other facebook users update their profiles or make any posts.
- In addition, the facebook users will also be allowed to join the common interest user groups organized by school, workplace, hobbies, nature, or any other topics.
- In your friends list, you can categorize a group of friends as close friends, people from work or etc.
Development of the Facebook Inc:
Facebook Inc Company held its IPO (Initial public offering) actually in February 2012 and 3 months later it started selling the stocks to the public for reaching the actual peak market capitalization of 104 billion US dollars.
Facebook became the fastest and widely used company on 13th July, 2015 in the standard and poor’s 500 index for reaching the market capitalization of 250 billion US dollars.